Why Host an International Student?
Hosting an international student offers a life-changing experience for the entire family that lasts well after the time of the exchange. iE-USA celebrates the diversity of each host family and student. A carefully matched exchange student becomes an extension of your family, and you gain a son or daughter from around the globe.
Experience Another Culture in Your Own Home!
Our students originate from around the world including Germany, Thailand, Serbia, Montenegro, Italy, Poland, Finland, Spain, Colombia, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland, France, Russia, Myanmar and China.
- Learn about your student’s cultural norms and perspectives.
- Model cultural acceptance and global service as a life lesson for your own children.
- Learn a new language or practice the language you are currently learning.
Give the Gift of Family
- Welcome a student into your community.
- Give the emotional support of a family.
- Provide a safe place to call “home.”
Gain a Lifelong Friend
- Open your home and heart to an international student and gain a lasting family bond.
- You and your children can look forward to a "forever" international friendship.
- Many families enjoy visiting their student in the home country after the exchange.
Why host with iE-USA?
- iE-USA is a small student exchange organization devoted to hands-on care of each student and family participating in our program.
- Our local coordinators live near their student placements so that they can always be available when needed.
- iE-USA students are carefully screened through an in-home interview and application process, including academics, teacher recommendations, and social maturity.
- All students have a tested level of English proficiency.
- Students are required to maintain strong academic standing and moral character while they are program participants.