Student Selection and the ELTIS® Exam
The ELTIS® Exam:
Each year students from all over the world embark on exciting new adventures to the U.S. and other countries to experience new cultures, learn new languages, and experience different academic environments. Student exchange organizations play a dynamic role in facilitating a smooth transition and placement for these students. Determining a student’s English language proficiency is vital to providing the right support and experience. The English Language Test for International Students (ELTiS) is the ideal solution for serving these language testing needs.
ELTIS ® Features:
- Ease of administration and scoring: Process student applications effortlessly with onsite administration and instant scoring with no complicated processes and no waiting weeks for test results
- Comprehensive results for efficient decision making: Scores help you with selection and placement decisions into language programs, public and private schools
- Cost-effective compared to other similar tests
- Endorsed by CSIET (Council on Standards for International Educational Travel)
- Easy to switch: If you are currently using the discontinued SLEP test, an equating study is being conducted in partnership with CSIET members
- Originate from around the world including Germany, Thailand, Serbia, Montenegro, Italy, Poland, Finland, Spain, Colombia, Iceland, Austria, Switzerland, France, Russia, Myanmar and China.
- Participate in a comprehensive in-home interview and application process.
- Are selected based on a combination of academic standards, teacher recommendation, social maturity, and a general readiness for an abroad exchange.
- Are required to maintain strong academic standing and moral character as program participants.
- Have a tested level of proficiency in English and are interested in mastering their skills in reading, writing and speaking.