international Experience is seeking individuals with an interest in promoting cultural awareness and learning. We bring high school exchange students from around the world to the U.S. to live with host families for a semester or a full school year.
It's so fantastic meeting the students and families. I just love to hear how they are doing It's so rewarding! I'm so proud to call myself a part of the iE team! Katie Waugen, Local Coordinator
A Local Coordinator is responsible for:
- Promoting our program in the community with marketing materials and tools provided by our organization.
- Finding and screening potential host families .
- Placing students with caring families in local schools.
- Supervising and maintaining regular contact with the students and families.
- Providing assistance as needed to students, families and schools in compliance with Department of State regulations.
A successful Local Coordinator should:
- Have an enthusiastic and caring disposition.
- Be a highly self-motivated individual.
- Enjoy working with young people between 15 and 18 years of age.
- Exhibit strong communication skills.
No experience required! However, ideal candidates often have one of the following:
- Experience in counseling, mediation, or conflict resolution.
- Experience with networking and promoting programs and/or products (i.e. sales, marketing, and non-profit volunteer promotion and outreach).
- Experience with foreign exchange (as a host parent, exchange student, or community support).
Are you interested in becoming a Local Coordinator?
Please e-mail your resume or application to humanresources(at)international-experience.net, or send it by fax to 952-223-6103.
Criminal Background Check (CBC)
A Criminal Background Check will be required on approved applicants per Department of State regulations. Following an interview, an iE human resources representative will provide you with access details for a direct link to the iE Staff and Contractor Portal for Intellicorp.net, our CBC service provider.