Why Host an International Student?
Hosting an international student offers a life-changing experience for the entire family that lasts well after the time of the exchange.
Our students originate from around the world including:
Argentina Austria Brazil Chile Colombia Czech Republic Denmark Dominican Republic Ecuador Finland Germany Italy Liberia Mexico Montenegro Poland Serbia Spain Sweden Switzerland Thailand Turkey and Ukraine
Host Families Provide:
- A non-inflatable, permanent bed. Students may share a room with a host sibling of the same gender and similar age.
- Three meals a day. Students electing to purchase lunch at school instead of packing a lunch should also pay for that extra expense.
- Help with transportation at times, since students cannot drive. Students may ride the school bus and/or arrange to get rides from friends and neighbors.
- Their own spending money for all personal expenses including school and sports fees, personal entertainment, clothes, souvenirs, etc.
- Their own medical insurance.
Have questions? Contact Us!
Experience Another Culture in Your Own Home!
- Learn about your student’s cultural norms and perspectives.
- Model cultural acceptance and global service as a life lesson for your own children.
- Learn a new language or practice the language you are currently learning.
Why Host With iE-USA?
- iE-USA is a small student exchange organization devoted to hands-on care of each student and family participating in our program.
- Our local coordinators live near their student placements so that they can always be available when needed.
- iE-USA students are carefully screened through an in-home interview and application process, including academics, teacher recommendations, and social maturity.
- All students have a tested level of English proficiency.
- Students are required to maintain strong academic standing and moral character while they are program participants.